Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Dumbplumber Shorts 10

Look who’s in control It was pointed out to me today that 544 people control what goes on with government in America. Specifically, that’s 435 Congressmen, 100 Senators, 9 Supreme Court Justices and 1 President. That’s it 544. So explain to me again, why WE all need to share the pain, when it was 544 people over several administrations that got us where we are today? Go ahead, I’ll wait. Hey, I’ve got a better idea. Since I didn’t benefit from any of the wasteful, shameful, or fraudulent spending, leave me off the list of “Sharing the Pain”. If you don’t I will take myself off. Commiserating with a Liberal Earlier today I locked horns with a certified, uncompromising, lefty loon Liberal. Wow! My lower lip is still bleeding because she is one of my LOL’s (little old ladies). We started with, “I like Obama because he is so smart”. I let that one go by like a high and outside fastball. Then she started on Congressman Ryan’s idea to privatize Medicare. Whoa, I didn’t see that one coming. I told her that Medicare admits that it loses somewhere between $100 and $200 billion a year in waste, fraud and abuse. But she was still twirling when I said we should at least cut that out. No go, she was still sideways. Then I harpooned her with, “ how about we roll back both Social Security and Medicare to what they were when adopted”. Had her then. I went on to examples of the bastardizing, prostituting and expanding both programs to where no one recognizes them any more. But she agreed that going back to the original intent of covering seniors as a safety net was a good idea. Whew, I have hit pay dirt. I have agreed with a Liberal. Like my mother, she hates Sarah Palin. I asked her honestly, “What did Sarah Palin ever do to you that you would hate her so much?” I’m still waiting for the pin to drop.

No comments: