Search This Blog

Sunday, September 02, 2012

Facing Principle

As an arch fan of Sarah Palin and the Tea Party, I am often criticized for not supporting Mitt Romney. I won’t send him money and I don’t plan on voting for him if he doesn’t do the right thing and embrace Palin and the Tea Party. To this end, I have told more than one campaign solicitor that if he does the right thing, I will send a check the next day.  Now this isn’t a hard decision for a true Conservative, just one that isn’t politically correct, especially if you are an isle crossing RINO.

I continually remind my wifey that not voting for someone is also my right, which has launched more than one heated debate on compromising.

Of course the constant reminder from wifey and otherwise quasi-intelligent people is, that if you don’t vote for Romney, you might get Obama. To which I respond: It’s like trying to decide to get shot in the ass with a .357 or a .38., neither is desirable, but one or the other is going to happen, for sure.

I like to remind folks that this is what happens when power hungry political hacks back people with principles into a corner. You always run the risk of failure when making the wrong choices. And if you don’t know the difference between winning an election and saving the Country, well then there’s not much I can do to help you.

No comments: